Attainment of Play Therapy Instruction Hours
A total of up to 30 contact hours are provided from attending the 2024 Summer Institute. Each full-day workshop is worth 6 contact CE hours and each half-day workshop is worth 3 contact CE hours. For the purpose of Criteria Verification Forms for RPT Credentialing Applications, please refer to individual workshop descriptions for what each covers.
The Center for Play Therapy is approved by the following organizations/boards and the contact hours can be applied towards licensure, certification, and registered credentials for:
- APT Approved Provider 95-004
- Texas State Board of Licensed Professional Counselor Provider In accordance with Texas Administrative Code, Title 22, Part 30, Rule 681.142
- Texas State Board of Social Workers In accordance with Texas Administrative Code, Title 22, Part 34, Rule 781.509
- Texas State Board of Marriage & Family Therapists Provider In accordance with Texas Administrative Code, Title 22, Part 35, Rule 801.264
- National Board of Certified Counselors: Provider #3016
The University of North Texas has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 3016. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The University of North Texas is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
For CE hours, please notify the Center for Play Therapy. CE hours are granted through the Center for Achievement and Lifelong Learning, UNT.
Summer Institute CEs Policy
In order to receive CEs for the summer institute, participants must complete the evaluation for all attended workshops at the end of each workshop. Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your CE certificate. Effective Aug 1, 2021, An administrative fee of $10 will incur for re-issuing CE certificates.