Summer Institute 2022
June 20-24 Denton, TX!
The Center for Play Therapy will host vibrant speakers from across the country to discuss topics including:
- Post-traumatic Play in Children: What Clinicians Should Know
- Applying Basic Principles of Drama Therapy in an Integrated Play Therapy Practice
- Exploring the Metaphorical Utilization of Nature’s “toys” in Play Therapy: Interventions for Children, Teens, and Families
- Child-Centered Play Therapy: Deeper Issues
- The Culturally Informed Play Therapist: Inviting Cultural Humility into the Playroom
We sincerely hope that you can join us in Denton, TX!
In 1973, the Center for Play Therapy at UNT began hosting the annual play therapy conference with nationally recognized authorities in play therapy. The CPT Summer Institute continues to attract hundreds of practitioners and educators from around the globe every year for this unique, grounded play therapy training experience. Daily workshops are facilitated by leaders in the field of play therapy and include both didactic and experiential learning components. Come join a community of play therapists in this exciting, hands-on, experiential learning setting, specifically focused on becoming more grounded, knowledgeable, and facilitative play therapists!