CCPT 102: Child-Centered Play Therapy Practice and Application
March 14-16, 2024 - Lehi, UT
Registration Now Open!
Email Dr. Sara Haas at email@example.com to register.
This is a 3-day advanced in-person training in the practice and application of Child-Centered Play Therapy. This intensive training on the application of CCPT will be an exciting time together to learn about the practice and application of CCPT. Content will include: understanding development, the process of CCPT (relational disruptions and enacting conditions), themes in CCPT, advanced limit setting, specific presenting problems/populations, parent consultation, advocacy/general research findings, and opportunities to practice, practice, practice!
1. Participants will be able to describe how child development impacts play therapy.
2. Participants will be able to distinguish between play behaviors and play themes.
3. Participants will be able to demonstrate when and how to use limit-setting and choice giving from a child-centered perspective.
4. Participants will be able to demonstrate child-centered play therapy skills and attitudes.
5. Participants will be able to cite and access research findings on the effectiveness of CCPT.
6. Participants will be able to articulate the change process for various presenting problems.
7. Participants will be able to integrate feedback into practice of CCPT.