Limit-setting and discipline are challenging for both play therapists and parents. This webinar will address how to effectively set limits when needed, respond when children do not follow limits, prevent escalation of problematic behavior, and teach parents to set limits.
1. Participants will learn the steps to ACT limit-setting procedures.
2. Participants will learn procedures for choice-giving.
3. Participants will learn steps to prevent the need for limit-setting.
2 total non-contact CE hours. See below for further details.
Registration Deadline: May 27, 2020 12:00noon
Webinar Registration Policy: For all May webinars, registration is final and refund will not be processed.
Dee C. Ray, Ph.D., LPC-S, NCC, RPT-S, Certified CCPT-S, Certified CPRT-S Dr. Ray is Distinguished Teaching Professor and Elaine Millikan Mathes Professor in Early Childhood Education in the Counseling Program and Director of the Center for Play Therapy at the University of North Texas. Dr. Ray has published over 120 articles, chapters, and books in the field of play therapy, specializing in research specifically examining the process and effects of Child Centered Play Therapy. Dr. Ray is author of A Therapist’s Guide to Development: The Extraordinarily Normal Years, Advanced Play Therapy: Essential Conditions, Knowledge, and Skills for Child Practice, Child Centered Play Therapy Treatment Manual, and co-author of Group Play Therapy and Child Centered Play Therapy Research.
To register and pay for the webinar of your choice, follow the directions below.
1) Click on the title of the webinar you would like to register for above. This will direct you to the registration page.
2) Complete the registration information.
3) Go to the website designated to pay. You will need to do this by copy and pasting the site listed in the next to last question of the registration page into a new browser window.
4) You will receive three (3) emails. The first you will receive to confirm your registration. The second will be a receipt that you paid the registration fee. The third will arrive one hour before the scheduled start of the webinar as a reminder to join us!
5) Join us via the zoom link in your email at the start of the webinar! If you have trouble accessing the session, download our webinar guide here.
If you have questions or concerns at any point in the registration process, please email us at email@example.com.
Effective May 15, 2020 through August 31, 2020, APT Approved Providers may temporarily offer "contact" hours for online continuing education if the training meets all of the conditions set forth by APT. Although our webinars are offered via a synchonous telehealth format with interactive capabilities and meet the two hour minimum, they are not limited to 40 participants or less. Therefore, in accordance with Approved Provider Standards, our May 2020 webinars are non-contact hours.
APT is temporarilty allowing any registrant with continuing education due between March 15, 2020 and June 30, 2020, to submit all non-contact training hours to fulfill the 18 hours of play therapy continuing education.
For complete details, please refer to APT at www.a4pt.org.